What documents are necessary to enter Chile?

Monday, July 27, 2009  

Most visitors only need a passport and a tourist visa to enter Chile.   Citizens from Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, and Uruguay can enter the country with their National Identification Card.  You will receive a tourist card valid for 90 days that you must present to be able to leave the country. 

In the case of investors and businessmen who plan to travel to Chile for more than 90 days to develop their business interests and activities, temporary residence permission can be requested. 

Generally advanced permission is not required to enter Chile, although some nationalities do require said permission, called Visto de Turismo, which can be requested at the Chilean Consulate

You can find more information on the Foreign Ministry and the Police.