Andacollo Paroquial Church

The Andacollo Parroquial Church is located in the town of Andacollo, 56 km south of La Serena.  The church is dedicated to Nuestra Señora del Rosario Virgin of Andacollo.  The church began as little more than a hut and in 1676 a historic statue of the virgin was brought from Peru to beautify the sanctuary.  A website is available at Santuariodeandacollo.cl.

Photo: courtesy of Hilda López, Consejo de Monumentos Nacionales.

Other languages: