San Francisco of Castro Church

mapa-hito-castro

San Francisco of Castro Church is located in Castro on the island of Chiloe and is the biggest church on the island.  It sits alongside Castro Plaza, and was largely the result of the efforts of Father Angel Subiare between the years of 1910 and 1912, a well known religious leader during that period.  The church is built from local wood, painted yellow, and is highly respected for its aesthetic appeal.

Photo: courtesy of Consejo de Monumentos Nacionales.

Other languages: