La Moneda Governmental Palace

mapa-hito-palacio moneda

La Moneda Governmental Palace was built by architect Joaquín Toesca in 1784 in order to mint coins.  In 1846, it became a government building.  It includes several interior courtyards, notably the Naranjos courtyard.  On September 11, 1973, the building was bombarded during the military coup to overthrow Salvador Allende.  The building has long since been repaired, and can be visited by the public.

Web: La Moneda.
Source: Museo.
Photo: courtesy fo Consejo de Monumentos Nacionales.

Other languages: