Cousiño Palace

mapa-hito-cousiño

The Cousiño Palace used to belong to Isidora Goyenechea, a well recognized aristocrat.  Construction on the palace began in 1870.  In 1940, the Cousiño Family donated the palace to the Santiago municipality so that it could host important guests.  There are 12 rooms on the first floor of the palace, as well as, a collection of wooden vases, ornate wooden floors, and rare Italian ceramics.  The palace is now a museum and is open to the public.  Visiting hours are between Mondays and Fridays from 9:30AM to 1:30PM and 2:30PM to 5:00PM.  On weekends and holidays, the schedule is from 9:30AM to 1:30PM.  The address is  Dieciocho 438, Santiago Centro. 

The phone number is 6985063,
Web: Palacio Cousiño.
Photo: courtesy of José Luis Muñoz, 2008. Consejo de Monumentos Nacionales.

Other languages:

Cultural Landmarks